In this week’s episode, Pete and Mike spoke to Mark Kerwin and Johnny Ly from Fractory.
Fractory is a multi-national digital manufacturing platform, enabling designers to obtain instant quotations for the production of parts based on their CAD drawings, and to manufacture and deliver the parts quickly and reliably to anywhere in the world.
Built by engineers for engineers, the platform aims to revolutionise the manufacturing process in today’s digitally-connected world.
With more than 33,000 satisfied orders completed and 2.5 million parts supplied to date, the business is already well set, and after securing more than $9 million USD in Venture Capital funding we were interested to learn more.
Amongst other things we talk about:
- Who are Fractory?
- What is the plan for the business, and why should people care?
- How are they onboarding suppliers and customers?
- Is this a purely digital platform, or can you talk to the team?
- How does the platform work for suppliers?
- What technical expertise do they have in-house?
- Credit for suppliers
- Financial backing and growth plans
- Is it ‘just another web store’ or a ‘legitimate digital platform’?
- Why suppliers shouldn’t fear the platform
- New markets
- Quality, and keeping this consistent for customers
To find out more about the business, or to become a supplier or customer, visit their website: fractory.com