Fellow podcaster Adam Bradley of Corrosion Resistant Materials (CRM) joined us this week to talk business.
Adam is very active on social media, and champions the metals industry, so it was an interesting podcast to record, and he had a lot to say about the sector in this episode of the show.
Having won a host of awards over the last year, it was great to catch up with Adam, to talk about the rapid rise of the business, and how they had recently won the Queen’s Award for Enterprise.
CRM are a Sheffield-based stockholder who are a relatively new set-up in the market, having only been founded as a business in 2015.
Although we spoke in detail about social media, we also covered a range of topics affecting the market.
Amongst other things we talk about:
- His early days in the industry, and selling abroad
- Why people stay in the industry for so long
- The appeal of joining a newly formed business
- Using social media, strategies for LinkedIn and having the confidence to post
- The benefits of using social media for business development
- Building a structure in a business, and work-life balance
- Podcasts, why we started them, and the struggles of getting guests on them
- The Queen’s Award for Enterprise and why it is so important for CRM
- Getting the best out of trade associations
- Technical knowledge in the industry
- Why companies need to talk about social media, and let their staff use it
- Opportunities in the sector