Quality standards, audits and ISO accreditations are fundamentally important to Metal Producers, Distributors and End Users, but they aren’t always top of every business’s to-do list.
In this episode, we were joined by Andrew Milner, ex-lead auditor, quality aficionado and writer for the Metal Magazine, to talk all things Quality and Accreditation.
This topic may not fill everyone with the same enthusiasm that Andrew has for the topic, but no business in our sector can work outside of a robust internationally recognised accreditation standard.
Having left the UK for Australia in 2019 to become a senior auditor for LRQA (formerly Lloyd’s Register), Andrew has recently taken on a new role with Conflux Technology. Andrew also writes for our publication The Metal Magazine, and you can contact him with your questions via the hashtag #AssuranceWithAndrew.
Amongst other things we talk about:
- What quality is.
- Why you should incorporate a quality standard into your business.
- How to get started if you don’t have a quality standard.
- How to select an accreditation body.
- Common problems around quality, and how to avoid making these mistakes.
- Why he started to write about quality, and demystifying the concept.
This episode was recorded in April 2022.