The BSSA or British Stainless Steel Association represent the interests of the UK’s Stainless Steel industry, from manufacturers through to the the end users.
In this episode, we were joined by Rob Cooper the MD of the BSSA to talk all things Stainless.
Amongst other things we talk about:
- The role of Stainless in the UK
- Training, an ageing workforce and the challenges within the industry
- Areas of growth in the UK Stainless Sector
- Associations, their changing role and why companies should get involved with them.
- The potential growth of UK manufacturing after BREXIT.
This podcast was recorded in 2021, so there have been some changes to tariff barriers that we discussed in the podcast. Significantly the tariff barriers on Chinese Seamless products have been lifted which was one of the topics that we discussed at the end of the podcast.
Rob has written the first of a series of regular contributions in the September 2022 edition of The Metal Magazine. Take a look at the website to read his article.
Visit the BSSA website to find out more about the project, or to speak with the team: https://bssa.org.uk/