In this episode, we were joined by Neil Harvey (Head of Marketing) and Karl Evans (Head of Sales and Operations) of SteelScout.
SteelScout are a digital platform providing purchasing solutions for metal buyers in the U.K. The business was set up in 2017 to address what they saw as inefficiencies in the supply chain for metal.
In under four years they now have over 8,000 registered buyers and over 130 suppliers nationally, so it was great to talk to them about how they do what they do and what their thoughts were on the market in the metal sector.
This episode covered the following topics:
- Who are SteelScout
- The impact COVID-19 has had on SteelScout
- The development of SteelScout since 2017
- Digitalisation in the metal sector and the changes that we can expect to see
- Transactional Purchases vs Online Purchases
- Bringing a digital platform to market and the challenges this presented
- The goals going forward
If you work in the metal or engineering sector, then join the conversation. Let us know what topics you’d like us to discuss on the show, or maybe YOU could join us as a guest?