This episode features a conversation with Piers Baynton of Stephens Gaskets, who is a third generation business owner.
He talks to us about why he loves his job, and how the company has developed in his 16 years at the helm.
Stephens Gaskets are known for manufacturing Shims, and Gaskets, but they also produce a range of metallic, rubber, high temp, and plastic parts, as well as metal pressings and lasered components.
This week’s episode covers:
- Why he joined the family business
- How the business compete on price with far eastern manufacturers
- Spotting opportunities to manufacture face shields and face visors to combat the spread of COVID-19
- The dynamic of working in a family business, and the plans for the future
- Buying a warehouse full of Catering Clothing for no reason any of use could fathom
If you work in the metal or engineering sector, join the conversation.